Wednesday, 3 October 2012

The most wonderful time of the year.


My birthday is a month before Christmas too, double excitement. From mid-November, I am pretty much unbearable with giddi-ness about these two occasions.

As I’ve gotten older, Christmas has become less about the presents (I still want presents though if you’re reading this, Steve), and more about the decorations, the smells, the sights and the feeling of joy and spending time with loved ones.

In the spirit of being a touch more personal than usual, this year Steve and I have decided to give our friends and family Christmas hampers.

So my question to you, bloggy friends, is what should I put in said hampers? What would you like to receive? I don’t think it’s going to work out cheaper than buying individual gifts, but the good thing is we need to pre-plan and spread the cost.

I’ve already been inspired by the idea of making apple and cranberry chutney from Cider with Rosie, and will be looking for a few other recipes for things I can make (jams, cakes, yaddy-yadda).  I also thought a Christmas candle of some sort would be a good addition. That is where my inspiration finishes for now. Any help?

Rachel x

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, lovely idea :) I'm awful at this kind of thing though, you're probably better off asking Rosie.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i did this a few christmases ago--the people we did it for are quite into tea so we got them a selction of teas, some jams, and some homemade chutney. other ideas were flavoured oils--they seemed to be a hit; a bottle of wine; and lots of other bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did this last christmas, think I even blogged about it, check the old archives!
    Truffles are a winner, so easy to make and you can get creative with the flavours. I have made cookie dough ones, peanut butter, amaretto, orange, baileys... mmm. Even hot chocolate ones!
    Chocolate bark is also super easy and looks good, melt choc onto greasproof paper into a splat (haha) and decorate with whatever. Then break up into arty chunks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shameless self-promote here but homemade bath bombs - thete maybe a blog post about it......somewhere......outthere.......on my blog?? lol

    xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...